Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

It was an awesome weekend in our household. Yesterday morning we got up and headed to the zoo. It was perfect weather for being outside. At the zoo we were able to pet the goats, ride the carousel, and see many animals outside playing. We then went to the party that was held for Cheri at the zoo. Alyssa loved playing with her cousins and enjoyed watching the fish in the floor to ceiling aquarium.
  We then rode the train, saw the elephants and left the zoo. We then got back in the car and the kids were asleep before we even got out of Forest Park. Unfortunately for them we had to stop about ten minutes later for a new laptop for me and they never went back to sleep.





   Then last night I went out to dinner with some friends.
This morning the kids got up and went and got me flowers and doughnuts. Alyssa was full of many "Happy Mother's Day" for me. While eating breakfast I got to open cards and gifts from the kids. They gave me 2 hour long massages at a local spa.
 We then got ready for church and then walked to church. After church we came home had lunch and had a family nap.
After everyone woke up we walked to the park and played for an hour. We came home to clean up the house and the kids played outside on the deck with water. It was so nice to listen to them out there playing while I was cleaning.
We then had a nice dinner Chris fixed for us out on the deck and then out for ice cream.
It was a great day.

It is weekends like this that help remind me how awesome my life really is. As I sat reflecting on the weekend I can't help but be in awe of all that I have.
I'm 28, I own my own successful business that allows me to be home with my kids. I have a house that I love in a nice and safe neighborhood. I have two amazing kids that bring my joy and the best husband I could ever ask for.
Without my husband I would not be who I am today. I don't think I would have had the courage to take the jump to opening my own business without him. I also wouldn't have the kids that I have without him. (Obviously) He knows me so well and makes sure I am taken care of financially, physically and emotionally on a daily basis. I can only hope he feels the same way about me.
I really do love my life and as we come upon our 8 year anniversary I enjoy looking at where we have come from and where we are going.  

No comments:

Post a Comment