Wednesday, October 3, 2012

15 years ago....

15 years ago tomorrow I met my best friend and my soulmate.

We had been talking on line for a few months and had convinced our parents that we should meet. My mom and his mom agreed we could meet at a Lutheran North football game. Chris was playing in the band.

We got there right before half-time and sat in the stands. Somehow we totally missed seeing Chris' mom before sitting down. So we watched the half time performance and I watched every saxaphone player intently trying to figure out which one was Chris. After the performance he came up and said "hi". I was so nervous and everything that I don't remember anymore of the game or what happened there. I do know we meet up with his mom.

After the game was over Chris rode with my mom and brother and I to a mall to get me a pair of shorts because it was like 90 degrees in October in St. Louis.

That night our families met for dinner and a wonderful game of mini-golf.

Wow what dorks we were then!

9 years ago tomorrow my best friend and soulmate asked me to be his wife. He flew in from Phoenix to Flagstaff. My roommate picked him up from the airport because I had class. After class, we drove to Sedona. That night we went out to a really nice mexican restaurant. After dinner we went back to the bed and breakfast to look at the stars and he proposed out on the deck.

Our lives have changed so much in the last 15 years! My parents have divorced and re-married other people. There has been a few moves, new jobs, but one thing has always stayed the same; Chris has never left my side.

I love him more today than I did 9 years ago and way more than I did 15 years ago.

I don't know what the future holds for us, but I know that we can weather any storm or any paradise together.





I love you Chris and look forward to walk the road ahead hand in hand.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful and my best for many more happy years together. I married my best friend and it makes everything so much easier to get through along the way. From starting a business to dealing with losses, we are in it together.

    ReplyDelete