Friday, October 5, 2012

Baby Boy Sick

He started with a cough on Monday. He hit a brick wall last night around 4:30. All night I listened to his labored breathing, wondering if I should take him to the ER or not. I called as soon as the doctor's office opened this morning and got him in at 9:30. The x-ray was inconclusive. So we were sent home with orders to just to keep watching him.
His breathing is still very labored, his heart rate is on the high side, but he is in really good spirits. He is eating ok and still drinking. I'm hoping that he will start to get better as the weekend goes on and not worse.

I hate having a sick boy. I know I have said it time and time again but it sucks. I hate that every time his nose starts to run in the back of my head I start to make back up plans for work because we might end up in the hospital. I hate spending half the night running to his room to check his breathing. I hate that I have to own stethoscopes, o2 meters, nebulizers, and liquid steroids on hand at all times.

When Alyssa gets a cold I know she will get over it. When Colin gets sick all I can do until I know he is on the mend is think about how long the hospital stay might be this time.

When he had the bronchoscopy I thought it might buy us about 4 months of health. He has been off antibiotics 15 days.

I just hope we can stay out of the hospital this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment