Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Baptism



Alyssa was Baptized at Atonement Lutheran Church on Saturday. It was a big event with my brother, his girlfriend, my mom and her husband all coming in for it. We had almost 30 people at the church service and would of had more if my grandma hadn't had a stroke a week before.
For the two days before I kept telling Alyssa that they would pour water on her head and that she didn't need to cry it was like taking a bath.
The talks must of worked because she didn't even whine while up in front of the church. She did spit up on my arm some, and she did try to eat the blanket that was presented to her, but no crying.
Now me on the other hand; I almost did cry. As I was standing up there I was looking out at all the people that had shown up to support Chris, Alyssa and me. It is amazing and wonderful to see and feel how much Alyssa is loved. And the best part about it? Is there are even more people that love her that weren't able to make it for one reason or another!
We had a party to celebrate afterwards. There was good food, lots of fun conversation and good cake. Alyssa was exhausted by this point and fell fast asleep on my shoulder.
She had a wonderful day and I am so thankful for the love that we have of our family and friends.

1 comment:

  1. You are ALL loved. You are such a nice family together. May God always bless you!

    ReplyDelete