Monday, July 6, 2009

Life with a 5 month old


Today started at 5:20 am. Alyssa figured it was time to get up and play she laid in her crib and talked to her self and dozed off until 7:20. Most of that time I was awake in my bed listening to her talk and dozing when she dozed.
She has still been very crabby today because she isn't caught up on her sleep yet. So being the wonderful mom that I am I decided that today would be a good day to try the Benadryl that I'm taking just in case the flight to California gets to long for her. I gave her the medicine and then held her. In about ten minutes she could no longer hold her eyes open and though she was still fighting staying awake by moving her hands it was getting slower and slower. Watching her reminded me of watching a toy run out of batteries. Then once she was asleep I got worried. What if she stops breathing, what if she has an allergic reaction. So Since she went down an hour and a half ago I have been running upstairs every 15 minutes to check on her. Each time she has been perfectly fine, but I still have to do it.
But I have been productive in the other 14 minutes of that time, I have family pictures scheduled, I have a appointment for my car tomorrow, I have called chase about our property tax, I have ordered 95 pictures from Walgreen's to work on my scrap book, eaten lunch, and I have taken a shower.
I'm hoping she will wake up happy because we need to run to target, Walgreen's and the DMV to renew my car.
Well off to check on Alyssa again and then do 14 minutes of cleaning the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment