Friday, September 11, 2009

Acid Reflux

Acid Reflux is something that I have thought Alyssa has had since she was born. When she was really little she would throw up all the time and spit up after every feeding. As she got older it slowed and mostly stopped. I thought she out grew the reflux.
She is now 7 months and still not sleeping through the night and still won't take a good nap at daycare. So I started looking back into reflux. I took her to the doctor on Friday and he said yes it sounds like reflux before I could even finish decribing her syptoms. He put her on the highest dose of meds he could for her age. Wednesday night was the first night she took them. Thursday she took a 3 hour nap at daycare and only woke up twice in the night for me. I think we are on to something. I know it will still take awhile before she fully sleeps through the night since she is used to waking up, but I feel like we might be much closer!
I look forward to this night dearly and can not wait, I think it will make both of us much happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment