Sunday, September 6, 2009

Visit to Great Grandma's

When I was growing up I was very lucky. I knew all four of my great-grandmas. The first one did not pass away until I was 7 with the last passing away when I was 22. I have wonderful memories of each one of them.
Alyssa has two great-grandmas and two great grandpas that are still alive. One set lives in California. She was able to meet them in July.
The other set lives about 2 hours away from us. She has met them a few times over her life time. Yesterday we deiced to go visit them. We have not been to their house since Alyssa was born because over the summer grandma had a stroke and has been in a rehab facility since June. She is now home so off we went.
Alyssa only took a half hour nap on the way down there so we were nervous how she would behave once down there. I don't know why were were nervous, she was her wonderful self. She let everyone hold her, she took another short nap and played all over the floor.
She made both of my grandparents smile many times and I think they really enjoyed having her at their house.
When then came home and she slept the whole way home, making her one wonderful child once we got home!

1 comment:

  1. That was such a good day for your grandparents. I know they loved having her at their house and I, of course, loved spending time with her there too!

    ReplyDelete