Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

This was probably one of the best Christmas' I have had in awhile. I was very apprehensive going into Christmas and had told many people I was not in the Christmas Spirit. But when you have a 10 month old loving every gift you hand her it is impossible not to get into the Spirit.
Last night we went over to Chris's brother and sister-in-laws house. The whole extended family was there so there were 7 kids under the age of 13 and close to 20 adults. I sat on the floor most of the night watching Alyssa walk around. She would walk to someone, as soon as they would look or talk to her she would drop to the floor and crawl back to me. People were amazed that she was walking. When we opened presents she wanted to play with everything. Even the clothes came out and were put on her head while she crawled around. I promise she only had water to drink!!
This morning she woke up with a lot of congestion in her chest so she was up at 5:30. I was not thrilled with being up so early, I thought we had a few more years before we were up that early on Christmas. So Chris stayed up with her while I went back to bed until almost 8. When I got up we ate creeps and Skyped my mom. She talked to us while we finished breakfast and then watched us open presents.
Alyssa sat in my lap and I helped her open each present. One of the gifts she got was a teddy bear. When I pulled the bear out she grabbed it and gave it the biggest hug you couldn't help but tear up a little.
After all the opening Alyssa went down for a nap and Chris and I unpacked all the toys from boxes and straightened up.
At 2 this afternoon we went to Judy and Chas's for Christmas. You should have seen the amount of presents. It was amazing. The kids (4 of them) took over an hour just to open their presents. Alyssa got a lot of fun toys and now our house looks like ToysRUs. She was so tired by the end of the Adults opening presents that she had to go lay down and take a 30 minute power nap while Chris and I ate some food.
We got home and she played for a few minutes and then was out like a light.
Christmas is over and 2009 is almost over. It has gone so fast and yet so slow at the same time.
Chris told me this morning that I gave him the best Christmas present ever when I gave him Alyssa. I have to agree, having a child and seeing the joy through their eyes brings a whole new meaning to Christmas.
I have an amazing husband and a wonderful daughter and a great set of extended family and friends. I can't wait to see what 2010 has in store for us.
Merry Christmas to all and don't forget the reason for the season. I will post pictures tomorrow when I load them onto my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment