Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas

I am so excited for Christmas this year. I haven't been this excited for Christmas since I was a little kid. I guess that is what having little kids does to you.
   This year Alyssa finally understands the concept of Christmas. She is so excited to point out everything she likes in the stores and tell people what she wants (though it changes every time you talk to her).
   I'm not sure if she fully understands that in less than two weeks she will get a lot of presents to open or not, but she is going to be so excited with what she has gotten.
   Tonight we put together her dollhouse that she is getting from my mom. It was so cute I wanted to go wake her up and show it to her right now just to see her face. Then I think about the other gifts she is getting from us, Santa and friends. I really don't know what she will like best because it is all so cool.
   After just celebrating Colin's birthday I know he could care less about opening presents but I'm excited to see what presents he likes too. It is so much fun to watch him play with his toys he got for his birthday and I'm sure it will be the same for Christmas.

    The other day I went out Christmas shopping, when I got home I left the packages on the table knowing there was nothing in there for the kids. Alyssa looked through the packages and then went off to play. Later that night we were eating dinner and out of no where she says, "Dad, mom bought you clothes for Christmas." Chris looked and me and I just started laughing and smiling. He said "Oh really, what else did she get me?" Alyssa said "nothing just clothes."  It was cute and reminded me of the time my brother did the same.

The count down to Christmas morning is on! I think I will be up before the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment