Tuesday, December 20, 2011

First Christmas Party of the Season

Today we had our daycare Christmas party. It was a huge success considering how many kids we had and the ages of all of them. All the kids did a great job waiting. The best part was watching their faces as they opened their gifts.
We did not let any of them take their toys out of their boxes here because we did not want to lose pieces around the house. So they got to open them, and then had to put them in a bag until it was time to go home.
   I know it was torture but none of the kids complained.  We let Alyssa get her Barbies out after dinner. For the first 10 minutes she had them she just walked around the house saying "I love my Barbies, I love my Barbies" over and over again. She would go put them down on the couch and give each one a hug then pick all of them back up and walk around again. It was adorable and put a huge smile on my face.
    Colin got a wooden peg holder and when you hit one down another one pops up. He would not let anyone else touch it. Alyssa tried to play with him and he screamed at her. I touched it and he came crawling across the room and grabbed it from me.
    As I sat and watched my kids play with their toys I got tears in my eyes because I can't wait to watch them Christmas morning. This Christmas might be the best Christmas ever. Watching my kids faces light up and know that they are truly happy is better than any present I could ever get.

Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment