Monday, December 26, 2011

Ginger Bread House


A friend brought over a gingerbread house and told me that I should make it with my kids. I laughed at her and told her that she was crazy. I had watched my step mom make one with Alyssa right after Thanksgiving and said I was not doing it.

Well it sat on my counter all day and I kept looking at it so finally I decided I would give it a try. So before involving the kids I put all the walls together so that it would stay. I then let it sit for about 3 hours to harden.  Then after dinner I put more frosting on it and let Alyssa decorate it with the candy that came with it. She took this job very seriously and thought about the placement of each piece of candy. Every time she put a piece on and got frosting on her hand she would ask me to wipe it off. I kept telling her that she could eat the frosting but she didn't want to.
 After a bit of her watching me eat some of the frosting as I was decorating the walls and windows, she decided that she was going to try the frosting. Well once she tried it she was done putting candy on the house and only wanted to eat the frosting. Good thing the house was almost done.
Colin spent the time sitting in his high chair watching Alyssa and I. I think next year if I get one he will be able to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment