Friday, January 10, 2014

Colin's Appointment

Today we went to meet with Colin's doctor. We have seen this doctor since Colin was about 7 months old. He works closely with the pulmonology department and he treats many asthma patients a day, but he his title is really an immunologist and allergist. So at our appointment today I went in with a list of questions. I don't feel that Colin is any better since he repair surgery.
So during the appointment while asking my questions he tells us he thinks we should see a true pulmonologist.
Also asking questions about his swallow, he agrees seeing a speech would be a good idea.
So really the big point of the appointment was that we need to see two other doctors.

At times I really think we are starting to figure out Colin's issues and other times I feel like we are just driving in circles.

As we were leaving the hospital Colin said "Mommy we didn't go to the doctor room" When I asked him what he was talking about he said, "The place that you put on shoes, and mask and blue shirt.." He was talking about the OR room for his procedures.
That made me sad that he is starting to remember and worry about those things. As a barely three year old it isn't fair.

Next week we go for a swallow study. While I don't want anything to be wrong there is a big big part of me that wants something to show up with the results so we have a SOMETHING to go off of going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment