Sunday, April 27, 2014

Alyssa

This morning I was getting ready for church and Chris was in the shower. I came downstairs and Alyssa said mom I need help getting this string off my finger.
  I looked at her finger and she had the thinnest string ever wrapped around her pointer finger MANY times and super tight. It was so tight the tip of her finger was already dark purple. I tried to find a point to start unwrapping but couldn't find an end. I tried for about 15 seconds while watching her finger turn many more colors before I told her we needed to go get Daddy. I ran and got a knife thinking I could slice the string and followed up the stairs.
   Chris told me no to the knife but to grab scissors. I got them he told me to cut but I cut the wrong part making it even harder to get it undone. 3 or 4 times he would make a noise or grunt making me think he wasn't getting it off. I couldn't see the string anymore all I could see is her finger getting purple and swelling quickly. I started to grab her arm and told Chris I was taking her to the hospital but he told me to stop and calm down.
  About 30 of the longest seconds ever he said there I think I got it all. I grabbed her finger and she cried but I couldn't see any more string.
   Alyssa and I came back downstairs and she climbed right into my lap and was asking questions about why her finger still hurt and why it was changing colors. I explained that the blood couldn't move through her finger and so it made it turn purple. She seemed to understand. Hopefully she won't wrap anything else around her fingers.
   I'm so grateful that Chris was able to remain calm and get the string off because I don't think I could have.

No comments:

Post a Comment