Friday, April 18, 2014

My Birthday

Today is my birthday. It was a good day.

It started with Alyssa crawling into bed with me and wishing me a Happy Birthday. She then told me all about the present I was going to get after dinner and then asked for doughnuts ( because that is what we do for the kids birthdays).

I then came downstairs to Colin who also asked if it was my birthday and I told him yes, to which he responded he couldn't wish me a Happy Birthday until dinner time. There were also flowers on the counter for me and trash was at the curb. (Both nice surprises)

I got off work at 10, I ran some errands and then Chris came home early and we went out for lunch.

I had to return to work at 2, and when I came home at 6:40 dinner and a drink were waiting for me on the table.

I enjoyed dinner of chicken, macaroni salad, and broccoli. With German Chocolate cake for dessert.

The kids and Chris got me a jewelry organizer that I wanted. My dad and step mom got me a coach purse and ear rings that have the moon phases of the day the kids were born. My mom got me pictures for the house that I have wanted.

It was a really good birthday and I love that my kids are getting old enough to understand. They don't know why they made my day so special but really they made it so amazing.

I turned 30 today. I got a few texts telling me that I shouldn't worry about this birthday. For all of them I responded I'm really not unhappy with turning 30.
  I have a good career, a successful business, a wonderful husband, two amazing kids and a life I love. I'm not upset at all turning 30. It might of been different if my life was in a different spot, but I'm okay with turning 30 and excited to see what my 30's bring me.

No comments:

Post a Comment