Sunday, April 27, 2014

Bowling

Today we started the day off with church and then came home for a quick lunch before setting out on our adventure for the day.
 We went bowling and of course I didn't get a single picture. This was the first time the 4 of us had ever gone together. I took the kids with Jenni a few months ago.
   I love how bowling is now kid friendly. They have these things that look like walkers with a hill attached to them for the kids to roll the ball down and make it down the lane. They also have bumpers that go up and down so that adults and kids can play on the same lane.
   We paid for an hour of bowling which got us a game and a half. It was perfect because by the end the kids were getting tired. Chris beat me by only 6 points which is a huge deal for me. I'm usually really bad but today I played a really good game.
    After bowling we went to an ice cream place we hadn't been to in year and enjoyed some ice cream. We then went to Target to let the kids spend their gift cards from their Grandparents for Easter. Alyssa was very serious about it and spent a long time asking prices and figuring out if she got this she can't have that or if she got that she could pick out something else. She finally settled on a Barbie and some Barbie clothes. Colin got a monster truck, a small car and a book.
   We then came home and I started dinner and the kids played on their own for about 2 hours until dinner was ready.  It was a really good day as a family. We enjoyed things outside the home and in, it wasn't rushed and everyone was in a good mood for the most part.

I really enjoy family days like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment