Tuesday, April 1, 2014

A year

A year ago tomorrow is when Colin went into the hospital for a PICC line. We really though we would get answers from that.
  Since that PICC line we have had 3 major surgeries and 1 bronchoscopy by itself.
 Here we sit a year later no closer to answers than we were this time last year. It is so discouraging and frustrating. We will get a second opinion from an ENT the end of this month and then see the pulm again in May.  At this point I don't expect answers.
  Colin has been okay health wise. He finished his antibiotic the first week of March and while his nose has been running since the day he stopped the medicine he hasn't been too sick. Hopefully we can get a few more weeks before he is totally run down again.


Also 4 years ago tomorrow was my last day as a classroom teacher. On April 2, 2010 I walked out of school at the end of the day and never went back. In fact I have only stepped foot in that school one more time since that day and it was at a time when there weren't any kids around. While I'm sad I didn't get to finish the year out, I do not regret my decision at all. The last 4 years have been so much better than the 3 years I had as a classroom teacher. I still have a fair amount of stress, and I work longer days than I did as a teacher but my over all attitude is much better.

Wow it is amazing how much your life can change, and stay the same in such a short amount of time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment