Monday, August 31, 2009

Over whelmed


Just a little over whelmed. I have picked this semester to go back to school for my masters. When I was in college I worked full time and went to school full time. So I figured I can do my masters ( only 6 hours a semester) and teach.
I know I can do it but right now as I look at the first assignments due I'm over whelmed. I have 5 papers and two quizes all due by the 11th. Some of them are group assignments, some of them are just answering questions and some are true papers.
I know once I get into the swing of things I can do it, but I know that some nights are going to be long and some weekends are not going to be enjoyed because I'm sitting at my computer typing papers.
I have told myself I don't have to get A's no one cares what your GPA for your masters are but I do have to get at least a B.
I have to do that on top of making sure that I have enough stuff planned for school. I'm so lucky that I was able to stay in first grade because that will help a lot. I know what to do and how to do it so I don't have to do as much planing.
The thing that doesn't understand that I have work to do is Alyssa. Right now Alyssa went down for bed at 7, but then woke up at 7:40 and is still fussing. Chris is trying to calm her so that I can work on my classwork but it isn't working.
Hopefully all the stars will align for the next two years and I will come out a stronger person with a wonderful masters degree and a great daughter that sleeps through the night!

1 comment:

  1. You got it in you girl. One day at a time, one assignment at a time, one night at a time. don't look too far down the road. I'll help out when I am there. Maybe you can get an assignment or two done while I rock Alyssa or play with her. That might help too. I'm glad you were able to stay in first grade too. I know that will lower the stress level some!! See you on Thursday night!

    ReplyDelete