Tuesday, August 23, 2011

1 Year Anniversary

Today marks the one year anniversary of me opening Knight's Day Care. The kids celebrated today by being extremely emotional and needy and me wanting to curl up and rock in the corner by the time the last kid left. Yet even as bad as today was it still doesn't even come close to how bad my old job was. In fact today's worse was still 100 times better than just an okay day at my old job.
    I was so scared to start my business a year ago and there were many times in the first month or two that I thought about quitting. There were times when I thought I had kids and they fell through or other issues where I wasn't sure if we were going to have enough money to cover everything.
     This last year has been hard but it has been one of the best of my working life. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that I get to be home with my kids (even if they drive me nuts some days). I love that I still get to contribute to the family income. And most of all I love working with kids.
     If I had a job outside of the home it would have been super trying as well with as sick as Colin was and all the doctor appointments he had to go to, and also the time I would have had to taken off for both grandparents funerals.  With owning my own business it added another stress because I knew that I was in charge of making sure everything got taken care of, yet I knew that everything was under control because I had hired an amazing assistant.
     I don't think I could have made it through the year without my assistant. She is not only my employee but one of my best friends now. She is amazing with my kids and when I have had to step away from the daycare for whatever reason I don't think twice because I know she has it handled. She has gone over and beyond what an employee has to do and I could never thank her enough for all that she has done for my family and me.
   Also because of my awesome assistant I have been able to keep my word and my daycare has never had to close for a day due to my kids or I being sick. We have been closed but only for scheduled holidays.
    I also could not have done this without my wonderful and supportive husband. He has stood behind me from the start. He encouraged me when I needed it and helped me jump through all the hoops I needed to get through to get my licences. He knows each of the kids either through stories from me or from meeting them and playing with them when he gets home from work. He helps me keep the house in order and my sanity at night by helping with our kids.
    So this post is a HUGE thank you to all that have helped me be the successful business woman I am today I could not have done it without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment