Friday, August 12, 2011

Grandma Shores

While I was in the middle of my last post (the one to Alyssa) my phone rang. It was 9:44 at night and so when I went over to it and saw it was my mom I thought she had just not figured the time. I answered the phone and all I could hear was sobs and my mom call my name. My heart stopped knowing something was terribly wrong.
   She told me my Grandma and died. I tried to finish the post, and did, then closed my computer went upstairs crawled into bed and cried. I was up until way after midnight either on the phone with my brother, mom or just with my own thoughts.
   On Wednesday my brother flew in and we drove down to Centraila. The visitation was that night. I took both kids and I think it was nice for people to meet my two kids. On Thursday was the funeral and on Friday was a big breakfast in honor of my Grandpa's birthday.
     I am so grateful that my Grandma got to meet Alyssa. She loved Alyssa with all her heart. The first time she met Alyssa she was still able to walk and told Alyssa of all the things they would explore. Soon after that she had her spinal cord stroke and was confined to a wheel-chair. Every time we would visit she would let Alyssa play with the wheel chair and tell her of the adventures they would take when she could walk again.
   The last time we were there I was about 7 months pregnant with Colin. Grandma was so excited to meet Colin. I promised her we would come out as soon as we could after he was born.
   Well we planned three trips out to see her and every one of them fell through for one reason or another, Colin was in the hospital, Grandma was in the hospital, My other Grandpa had died.  So we were finally going to go see them in September.


   Well I introduced Grandma to Colin on Wednesday night and I know she was smiling. I know she loved her great grandson. I know that she will enjoy watching my son grow. I just wish I could have seen her hold him.
*Grandma I know we visited you at least 4 times but I only have pictures of two, I'm so sorry I won't have more of you and Alyssa.*

No comments:

Post a Comment