Sunday, August 7, 2011

Candy and Water Slides

Today Alyssa had a day of firsts. This morning she woke up at 5:45 I heard her walking around the loft closing doors. I waited for her to come in our room, but before she did I was back asleep. I woke up at 6:30 to her next to the bed with a bag of cheetos. I told her she was not eating those for breakfast( I had left a sandwich in a bag and the chips out from last night). She woke Vinnie up so I took him outside, put a movie on for Alyssa and went back to bed.
  At 6:50 Colin woke up and so I went and got him and brought him back into bed with us to feed him a bottle. Alyssa must of heard this and came upstairs. She was eating something so I asked her what she was eating. She told me "CANDY!" I said how many pieces have you eaten? She told me "just one".
  We came downstairs, she had eaten at least 6 Hersey kisses. She had taken the rest of them and put one in each spot on the deviled egg plate I had also left out from last night.
  I will let her be up by herself again, but lesson learned close and lock the pantry.

Then later today we went to her cousin Alex's birthday party. He had gotten a huge water slide (think blow up  bounce house size). Alyssa looked at it and her eyes got wide. She tried it once and wasn't sure. She hung out at the bottom for awhile watching the other kids go. She finally decided she was brave enough to try again. After that it was 2 hours before we had to pull her off of it kicking and screaming. She went down on her belly feet first( her favorite way to go), on her belly head first( she only did that once), on her bottom, and on her side. She loved it, she would go under the water at the bottom pop up and get the biggest smile it was so fun to watch her play.

No comments:

Post a Comment