Sunday, November 25, 2012

4 Days

This post is titled 4 days and it is going to go in two different directions.

4 days off. That is what we had. Besides my trip out to black Friday shop in Thursday night our family has always been together.  All other shopping, playing, whatever was done as a family of 4 and it was awesome. I'm not sure how 4 weekend days can go so fast when four week days can go so slow.
For Friday morning the kids played mostly by themselves while Chris and I arranged things, ordered Christmas cards and did other odds and ends. Every so often we would stop and just listen to the kids laughing and playing together.
We still had our occasional melt down and time where I was super frustrated with the kids but for the most part they are really really good kids.
I am sad that it is Sunday night and tomorrow things return to the normal grind. One bright spot is that in 5 weeks we once again get a 4 day weekend.

Part 2- 4 Days

In 4 days my baby turns 2! I am having a hard time with it all. The fact that I know he is my last makes it even more bittersweet. I know that another isn't right for our family and I am truly okay with that. I get my baby snuggles at work and then send them home. I look forward to him getting older so that we can enjoy vacations and other things. But in the same breath I don't want him to grow up. His personality is so charming and I love his way of being, I will write more about his milestones in his letter to him on his birthday.
I just can't believe that 2 years ago today I looked like this:
and was wondering what the baby inside me was like.

No comments:

Post a Comment