Sunday, November 4, 2012

Thankful #3 and 4

I missed yesterday because I was out of town. I guess I could have blogged from my phone, but that is harder to do.

So #3 that I'm thankful for is my in-laws. There are not many people that can say that they get along with their mother in law. I am very lucky that I get along with all of my husbands family. When Chris and I got married we knew that we wanted our kids to know their aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents. We knew the best way to do that was move close to his family. While I miss mine like crazy it is so nice to have my in laws to help. I just spent the whole weekend away with most of the women in Chris' family and it was a blast.
It is also nice to have the grandparents willing to take care of our kids when Chris and I need a night out. They have no issue coming up to our house to go out for dinner, or to help me with the daycare or the million and one other things we bug them for.




#4 I am thankful for my family. It is unfortunate that in order to be close to Chris's family we have to be far away from mine. What is nice is that they are only a phone call away. I talk to my mom, dad and brother usually once to a few times a week. Sometimes the phone calls are brief and sometimes they are long but no matter what I know they are there. My kids still know their Grandma and Papa, their Grandpa and Nana and their Michael Michael. We talk about them often and Alyssa knows where they live and get excited for their visits. Though my family isn't close enough to see me on a weekly basis, they are always there when I need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment