Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas Day

Christmas Day I was sure that the kids would be up very early. Their normal waking time is about 6, so I thought for sure with all the excitement that Alyssa would be up closer to 5. I woke up at 5:35 and was shocked that no one else was awake. Of course in my excitement I wasn't able to go back to sleep.

Colin woke up at 6:15 and came to bed with us. At about 6:45 Alyssa came into our room exclaiming that Santa had come. At that point we got up and went to look at the tree. I told Alyssa she should go tell Daddy that Santa came, she told me she can't because he was at work. I told her no that he was in bed. That made her day, she went running back into our room to get Chris.

We came downstairs and let both the kids open their stockings. They both were super excited. We then cooked some cinnamon rolls and waited for Grandma and Papa to show up and Michael to wake up.

We went upstairs about 7:45 to start opening presents. After Colin had opened about 5 presents he was done. He was excited to play with the ones he had gotten. We would ask him if he wanted to open another present and he would say "no" After everyone was finished opening Colin still had about 5 presents left that he hadn't opened, so Alyssa and I helped him open them.

After all the presents were opened we had 4 adults helping to get all the kids toys out of packages and ready for play. The kids had a blast playing with all their new toys. The hits of Christmas were Alyssa got a barbie house, and Colin got a new train.

Chris and I both got Kindle Fires from my mom and Step Dad. We were excited to get to play with ours, yet that had to wait until the kids were settled.

After lunch and a nap for Colin we headed to Chris' parents house for round two of opening presents. The kids were once again spoiled rotten and got many wonderful gifts. Chris and I also received many nice things.

Michael went with us and kept Colin entertained while the adults were opening presents. This was super nice that once again Chris and I would relax a little knowing our kids weren't getting into too much trouble and were taken care of.




It was a good Christmas for all and the kids are still really enjoying all their new toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment