Saturday, December 29, 2012

New Years Resolutions 2012

Here were my resolutions for 2012, lets see how I did.

1. Be 145 lbs by my birthday.- Well I was 145 by my birthday, in fact I was skinnier. Then the summer came, things got crazy and I gained some. I'm about 5 lbs average over this. I would like to get back down to this weight.

2. Tone up my body (by doing ab exercises and then walk/running when the weather gets nicer). -I do notice a difference in my body. Clothes that fit nicely last December are too big and don't fit as nice now, so I think this one I did.

3. Spend 7 hours a week with just my kids, no distractions.- I did this one. The kids get a lot of one on one time with both Chris and I, some weeks are crazy, others are nothing but family time but this was an easy resolution to keep.

4. Go on a date night with my husband every other month- This one was kept. In fact most months I got a date night. I think in the span of the 12 months there might of been only 2 that we didn't have at least one date night and there were a few months were we got two. 

5. Have my business see a profit- The official numbers aren't in, but my business did very well in 2012 with even bigger changes coming in 2013. I am very happy with what has transpired this last year.

6. Send out birthday cards on time to all family members- This one was a total fail! I did worse this year than any year in the past to send out cards. This was one I can't even say I did a fair job at. 

7. Get the basement organized and looking nice- This one is really funny. In January last year Chris and I spent about two weeks getting the basement looking awesome. Everything had a spot, papers were organized it was great. Then I started collecting items so that I could open a daycare center and now our basement looks worse than it ever has. You can barely walk anywhere down there. There is stuff EVERYWHERE and it is only going to get worse before it gets better, so this one will have to be a resolution again, but won't be able to be started until probably July. 

8. Have one month where neither kid goes to the doctor. I don't think this one ever happened. I think every month there was at least one doctor's visit. Some of them might of been re-checks or well checks, but we had at least one appointment every month and most months more than one. I am not going to make this resolution again this year. Maybe if it isn't a goal we can have a better health year.


So I would say there was success on 5 of the 8. That isn't bad as far as new years resolutions go. I haven't decided if I'm going to do any for 2013. I guess I better decide in the next 3 days. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment