Saturday, December 1, 2012

Colin's Train Party

Today was Colin's actual party. I decided in about October I wanted to have a train theme for his party and decided I wanted to go all out. So I started finding ideas for train kids parties on line. So it started with the invite that looked like a train ticket.

Most of the people that came to the party today could have cared less if I had one decoration up or not, however I really enjoyed finding the ideas, making the stuff and seeing the look on Colin's face and he walked around the house and yard taking it all in.

We had railroad crossings on all the doors. The front door I did up the most since that was the first thing people saw.
I also used diaper boxes and made a big train that went across the front yard with tracks that lead to the front door. The tracks didn't turn out too well. It was winding and I had a hard time finding any kind of tape that would stick to the cement. 






Once you walked in the front door I took the cribs and decorated them with paper, making it look like a crib with a sign for presents.

Then we had a train holding all the snack items and a drink and sweet station set up. The cake was made by a friend who worked super hard to make sure it was perfect. She did an amazing job and the cake got more compliments than my decorating.

I had a friend make his shirt to match the decorations used by the plates and balloons.

I think a good time was had by all and hopefully some day Colin will look back at the pictures and think his mom did a good job.

He had a blast at the party, and got to enjoy playing with friends and cousins. He enjoyed opening and playing with all of his new presents. He was asleep within 10 minutes of being in bed which is a record for him this week.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, Colin's Train Party was really stunning. The kids are always looking for such activities whether it is any occasion or not. My little boys also turned 3 on last weekend and it was such a brilliant day that everyone enjoyed to the fullest. It was hosted at the kids’ event space San Francisco.

    ReplyDelete