Friday, March 20, 2009

6 weeks not enough time


When you hear six weeks, most people think WOW that is a long time.  That is what I thought seven weeks ago.  
  Six weeks ago today I gave birth to the most precious little girl.  I brought her home from the hospital still thinking that by week 6 I would be ready to go back to work.  Boy was I wrong.  As I sit here today with her sleeping next to me looking so Innocent and sweet I think how can I leave her?  I think about leaving her with the baby sitter.  Will they play with her like I do?  Will she have a good time?  Will they hold her and smile at her?  I know deep down the answer to all of these questions is yes, but there is another part of me that feels so guilty.  
    I worked in daycare for many years and I watched so many parents come in and have a hard time leaving their crying kid.  I would always tell them they will be okay just leave them.  Now I'm standing in those parents' shoes and I don't want to leave.  
   I am lucky in the fact that I only have to go back to work for 10 weeks and then I get summer vacation.  I also know that my "kids" at school have missed me and will have big smiles for me when I get back.  I also know that my co-workers are supportive and are ready for me to come back.  So why do I still have that pit in the bottom of my stomach? Why do I still have the tears rolling down my face?
It is amazing how a 6lb human can change my life forever.  

So that in summary is what my blog will be about.  It will be about my daily adventures with a child, while balancing a career as a teacher, a loving wife and devoted dog lover to my dog.  
  Can I do all of it without anyone feeling left out?  Stay tuned to find out! 

2 comments:

  1. Mom and baby - how precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a mother!! It makes me smile and puts a warming in my heart. Take a deep breath. It will all be fine as you know. Expect some tears. Expect the shock of realizing you haven't thought of your baby for at least 20 minutes!! Expect the warming of your heart when you see her again. Your priorities are in the right order. All will be well. I love you, honey.

    ReplyDelete