Sunday, March 29, 2009

A party and a drive


Yesterday we had a party for my nephew and brother in law.  The weather was really yucky and so all 30 or so people were stuck in my in-laws house.  Alyssa did amazing.  Not only was she passed around from person to person it was loud.  She did great.  She was not that fussy at all.  She even fell asleep for about 30 min while the presents were being opened, she would have slept longer but I passed her off and the movement woke her up.
She came home and ate then passed out for the WHOLE NIGHT! She woke up at 3:30 for a diaper change, but then went right back to sleep.  When we woke up this morning there was snow!  It was Alyssa's first snow.  So we broke out the snowsuit that someone bought for her and took her out.  She wasn't too amused but I was excited. 
We then got ready to go meet my grandparents.  We also had to pick a car up so we took my father-in-law that way if Alyssa got upset there was someone to take care of her.  Though it was nice to drive with my husband, we could have done it by ourselves for once again Alyssa was perfect.  She slept the whole way there and then the whole way home!
Her great-grandparents were very excited to meet her and enjoyed looking at her and talking to her.  Alyssa seemed taken with them too.
So all in all a good weekend.  Hopefully next weeked won't be as busy and we can spend some family time on the couch.  

2 comments:

  1. Awwww! She's super cute in her little snow suit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hardly wait to talk to Mom to find out how she felt about Alyssa. I tried calling her yesterday but they were out. I'll talk to her this morning!

    ReplyDelete