Monday, March 23, 2009

I made it!

If you had asked me at 5:30 this morning if I thought I would be able to make it through the day today I would have told you no.  But as I sit her at 5:30 this evening with a sleeping baby on my shoulder I can tell you I made it!
   Last night was hard.  I got everything laid out and ready to go so that I didn't rush or forget anything this morning.  Alyssa woke up at 1:30 to eat and went right back to sleep at 2:00.  At 3 she didn't wake up but was moving around a lot in her sleep which kept waking me up until 4 when she did wake up.  She woke up because of a dirty diaper not to eat, so she wasn't hungry until 5.  At 5 she ate and fell back asleep just in time for my alarm to go off.  
Since she was awake at 4:30 I just got her dressed for the day.  So by 6:30 I was ready to go and I didn't have to leave until 7.  She was still sleeping peacefully upstairs.  So I read.  At 7 I had butterflies in my stomach like it was the first day of school all over again.
  I was able to pack her up and get about 1/3 of the way to her daycare when the tears started.  I called Chris.  He told me things would be fine and we would get though it.  I cried the rest of the way.  I was able to pull myself together enough to get her dropped off.  I cried the next few min to work while texting Chris to tell him I did it.
Once I got to work it wasn't too bad since I had so much to do.  I promised I wouldn't call until 1.  At 1 on the dot I called.  She wasn't crying so that was a good thing.
At 3:50 on the dot I was in my car driving to pick her up.  I got there and she was sound asleep.  I had to wake her up to go.  
We got home at 4:30 she slept long enough for me to pump and get bottles ready for tomorrow.  Then I feed her and now she is asleep on my chest as I type this.  
I don't think I will put her down until I go to bed!!
We will see if I make it through the day tomorrow!

1 comment: