Monday, March 30, 2009

I'm a bad mom


When Alyssa was born her nails were super long.  In fact they where so long I filed her nails.  The next time her nails needed to be trimmed my mom was here and she cut them for me while I was feeding her.  Since then they have gotten really long and she has started to scratch herself again.  Today when  I picked her up from my mother in laws house she had a good scratch on her nose.  So I got up the courage to cut her nails.  I accidentally cut her skin on both hands! Now she has blood all over her outfit.  She didn't cry at first but then she started crying and I felt like such a bad mommy!
  That will be her third outfit change since I picked her up.  She poohed through two outfits before that!
On another note this Monday was a lot easier to leave her than last Monday, however, it was still hard.  I really did not want to leave her.  I can not wait for summer to get here!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure every mom has done that. Shoot, my mom dislocated my elbow when I was like three or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have ever cut your finger, you know how fast it heals. I cut you several times, I cut Michael several times and you all still lived. You weren't traumatized by that because I think you both still cut your own nails!!! :) It happens, but all will be well. Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete