Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Each day gets a little better

Okay well last nights post was written a little to early.  Last night SUCKED!! She was so tired from her day at Grandma's that she didn't just cry, but SCREAMED from 7:15 to after 9.  Finally she calmed down a little and finally about 9:30 she was able to fall asleep.  During the time of her crying Chris and I were taking 15 min shifts.  After each 15 min shift of mine I was coming down stairs and crying because I said, "If I hadn't gone to work she wouldn't be like this".  I called my mom after about an hour and she was able to calm me down some.
    Today was better both for me and her.  She woke up at 5 this morning and ate and got dressed.  She hung out with me and was pretty happy until 6:50.  I was able to put her to sleep before I left.  Unfortunately she woke up as soon as we got to her new daycare.  She is with a really nice lady who has a daughter of her own and also watches another 1 and 2 year old.  When I called at 1 she said that Alyssa had slept from 8:30-12:30.  Then when I went to pick her up she said that she had then slept from 1:40-3:40.  So that was really good.  I got Alyssa home and she is now asleep again.  It has been almost an hour that she is asleep.  I guess she is making up for not sleeping much yesterday.
Hopefully tonight goes better and I don't have to feel guilty about working.  Work has been going well.  My students were very happy to see me back yesterday.  They have been on their best behavior for the last two days.  (Well most of them) and I remember how much I love the end of the year when they act more like the next grade.  I think the students are also proud of themselves for what they are learning and doing.
So hopefully tomorrow goes even better.  I'm thinking about asking Grandma to bring her up to see me in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment