Friday, March 27, 2009

The work week is over

TGIF!  I am now done with my first week of work with a baby.  It was hard and I missed her like crazy but I feel good that I accomplished it.  It had its bumps, tears and yells from both Alyssa and I but we are both still here. Only 9 more weeks until summer break.  
I love leaving work to go pick her up.  Every night I have to choose.  I used to sit on the couch and watch TV and play on the computer.  Now there are nights where the computer or TV are not even turned on.  We enjoy listening to and singing songs, staring at each other and rocking in the rocking chair.
On another note she is getting good at putting herself to sleep.  Last night I put her down wide awake expecting her to scream while I went to the bathroom, instead she just laid there, I came out and about 30 min later she was asleep all on her own.  (though right now she is asleep in my arms and I do not plan on putting her down until Chris gets home with dinner.
So to all the moms out there that have to return to work, if I can do it so can you!

No comments:

Post a Comment