Saturday, March 21, 2009

Easter Baskets and More

Today I had to go to Target for some things for when Alyssa goes to daycare.  While I was there I wanted to get some books for her.  I spend at least 15 min looking at the different books.  Thinking about what she would like and what she could learn the most from.  Then I go to the movie section Pinohicco is now on sale.  Well Alyssa has to have that and since we have a blue ray player I have to get that edition.  
   I'm now off to find trash bags as I walk to the trash bags I walk past the Easter section.  I think to myself well I can put the movie and a book in her basket I will have to come back soon to get her a basket.  I find the trash bags and go to the baby section for diaper cream.  I decide that I will go get the basket now since the next few weekend will be busy.  So back across the store I go.  I find a cute basket, try out the movie and book in there, it is still too empty.  So do I look for a smaller basket?  No I buy some plastic colored eggs to go in there, some grass and then decide the perfect thing to finish it off is an outfit.  So back across the store I go.  I find a cute outfit and a cute dress for Easter day.  
Now I need a card.  So off to the card section I go I find one.  So I go to check out.  When the check out guy tells me my total I think, "oopps probably spent a little too much." So when I tell Chris I make sure to point out at least I didn't buy candy for the eggs!
So her first Easter will be adorable.  She will have a cute dress, and a wonderfully made basket.  Too bad she won't remember it.  The pictures will have to do.
The other nice thing about this age though is I bought it all with her in the cart sleeping peacefully!

1 comment:

  1. Easter is a special and magical time in religion as well as in everyday life. The miracle of "new beginnings" is always what I appreciate most. Your magical and new beginning is your daughter. She will only have one "first Easter". She might not remember it, but she will remember your stories of it. Never forget to give her history. History of your family. History of her mother's family and history of her father's family. Easter is truly magical!!!

    ReplyDelete