Friday, June 5, 2009

Alyssa (what else?!)


Well last night she went down on her own. However she woke up at 10:50, 11:15, 12:45, 1:30, 2:15 and 2:30. At first I was like well this method SUCKS!!! But then I realized she wasn't waking up because of the method, she was waking up because she had a killer tummy ache and was having the worst case of the farts ever. Finally at 2:30 she had a bowel movement and she ate. At that point I couldn't take the thought of waking up every hour for the rest of the night so I brought her to bed with me where she slept until 6:30.
Today she went down for her morning nap on her own. I have found she likes to hold a blanket. She was sleeping very nicely and I really don't think she would have woke up except for the fact that I decided to vacuum the stairs. She woke up very angry at me. So angry she wouldn't go back to sleep, so we played for 30 minutes then I wrapped her up again and she went back to sleep. So this morning she slept a total of 2 hours in two naps.
This afternoon she went down even easier than this morning and slept for just about an hour. She woke up and I knew she wasn't ready to get up, but she was HUNGRY so I fed her played with her for an hour and now she is back down. She has been sleeping for about 45 minutes now. I'm hoping she will sleep for about another 30 and then she will be good until bed time.
I think we might be on to something, she is at least falling asleep without anyone touching her but she wants to know you are there, if you walk out of her sight she cries until she can see you again. I don't mind, each time she has gone down it is less and less time that I have to stand there, so I hope we can keep making progress and by this time next week, I can put her down and walk out.

Now the only thing I have to hold is the dog. He is sound asleep in my lap!

No comments:

Post a Comment