Monday, June 1, 2009

First Day of Summer Break

( A picture of my sleepy girl)
It was my first day of summer break. Alyssa got up at 6. Luckily Chris was off today and so he got up with her and I got to sleep until 8:20.
I worked out today for the first time in over a year and a half. It felt good, but I know I'm going to be SORE tomorrow. Hopefully I will stick with it.
Alyssa did not really sleep at all today and now she is having a hard time getting to sleep tonight. I think I'm off to the store tomorrow to buy some books about how to help get her to sleep and stay asleep. I know part of it is that the routine has changed for her once again, but we were having some problems getting her to sleep before school got out as well. She is a much happier baby when she gets her sleep and I'm a much happier mommy when I get mine and have my alone time in the evenings not worrying if she is going to wake up. So if you have any suggestions of books to pick up let me know.
I also got some alone time today when I went to the mall for about 3 hours and Alyssa stayed home with Chris. I missed her while at the mall, but it was so nice to be able to get in and out of the stores I needed without her with me.
The only bad thing about today was that I got a call from the school district I work for telling me I'm on the interview committee( something I had no idea I was on) and that I have to interview principals all day on Wen. (from 11-6) so I had to scramble to find a babysitter. The one I asked couldn't do it the whole time so Alyssa is going to be moved from one babysitter to another during that time. Hopefully Wednesday is the last day I have to work.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Honey. I don't know of any books that will teach you how to put Alyssa to sleep and let her stay that way. Have you tried playing calming soothing music in the baby's room? Before you go out to the store, check on barnes and noble.com or amazon.com and check to see if you a book that addresses that topic and see the reviews. This may be one of those things where you have to find your own way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes stroking their forehead calms them down. Good luck w/ that! And yay for summer vacation!!

    ReplyDelete