Friday, July 15, 2011

Alyssa's Ears

Alyssa's ear has been draining yellow stuff since Monday the 4th. Last Friday I took her to the doctor because the drops alone weren't working. They did a culture on her ear and gave her an oral antibiotic. On Tuesday it was still draining so I called the doctor again and they changed her meds. On Thursday it was still draining so I called the doctor to find out what the culture on her ear said. They told me in a very causal voice that she has a staph infection in her ear and that to stay on the medicine she was already on. I told them that her ear was still draining and they told me to give it another day. Today is Friday, it is still draining but I think I'm going to wait until Monday. It doesn't seem to bother her too badly and so I'm going to wait. If on Monday it is still draining I will call the doctor again and see what they have to say.
   I am very grateful that we have an appointment with an ENT on Aug 9. During that appointment I'm going to talk about adenoid removal something I have felt will help Alyssa tremendously all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment