Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Ear Infections

Saturday Colin was pulling at his ear all day. Sunday it was worse. By Sunday night I knew he had an ear infection. I called the after hours number to see if I could get him some medicine since I knew the doctor's weren't open on Monday. They refused to give me medicine so I had to wait until today. By this morning Colin was miserable. He didn't sleep much last night and was cranky and tired this morning. I was able to get him into the doctor first thing this morning and they confirmed an ear infection in his right ear ( I have not been wrong on an ear infection in a year and a half now). So he is on meds. Hopefully by tomorrow he will feel better.
   The doctor said well he hasn't had an ear infection since January so that is good. I agreed and told him that amoxocillin is what he was on before. The doctor did not believe me and had to look it up for himself.  

  On Monday afternoon my mom pointed out that Alyssa had something on her ear. I looked at it and realized that she too had an ear infection in her right ear. I remembered that when Colin had his last ear infection they gave us drops to help clean all the goo out of his ear. So I started those drops with her last night. When we went to the doctor today he said that we do the drops for 72 hours. If she still has drainage then we have to do oral antibiotics  He said that the drops clear the infection up 60% of the time. Lets see what percent Alyssa falls into.

No comments:

Post a Comment