Saturday, July 16, 2011

Bath Time

I don't get to help with baths Mon-Thursday due to the hours I work with the day care so I take full advantage of bath on the days I do.
(obviously an old picture but we don't have any new bath pictures)
  Tonight both kids were in a good mood when we put them in the bath tub. Colin is now sitting up in a bath ring and Alyssa just sits behind him in the tub. Colin was splashing away and for the first time Alyssa figured out how to use the squirt toys in the bath (now mind you these toys have been in the bathtub for close to a year now).
  Chris was downstairs getting things organized and a bottle made for Colin. So I taught Alyssa how to use the squirt toy.  When Chris came back in I told her to show him her new trick. So she squirted the toy. I told her to get Daddy. She tired once and the water barely came out. I helped her fill the toy more and told her to try again. She did and this time almost got Chris which made him do a pretend scream. Alyssa thought this was hilarious. She then asked over and over to get daddy. I told her yes every time. She also got Colin, the side of the tub, her other toys and the wall. Each time with a belly aching laugh. The laugh made Colin take notice and start to laugh as well. With the two kids laughing, Chris and I were laughing too.
  By the time bath time was over I was soaked from the squirt toys and Colin's splashing but everyone had smiles on their face and went down for bed easily.
   I love nights where we have that special family time. It is so amazing and wonderful when an every day chore is made so fun.

1 comment:

  1. How fun!! I wish I had been there to hear all of you laughing so hard. That would have been ultra special. As it is, I can picture/hear it. :)))

    ReplyDelete