Friday, July 22, 2011

Don't wake the sleeping baby(or husband)

Last night we knew Colin was going to be up a lot. He has been getting up a lot for the last week so we knew last night would be no different. After the 3rd time of Colin waking in about 30 minutes I told Chris to go downstairs and get a bottle for Colin while I rocked him.
   Chris got up said ok, and went downstairs. Well I was able to soothe Colin quickly so I went back to bed, but 2 minutes later Chris still wasn't upstairs and Colin was crying again. So I went back into Colin's room. 2 minutes later Chris has still not brought me a bottle, so I walk out of Colin's room holding Colin and see that the lights are back off downstairs. I walk into our bedroom and see Chris is already snoring in bed again. So I say "Chris! Chris!" He sits up and looks at me. This is how the conversation goes:
Me: Where is the bottle for Colin?
Him: You need a bottle?
Me: You just went downstairs what did you do?
Him: I filed the spread sheet you needed and filled out the other documents
Me: You did WHAT? (still holding Colin)
Him: I filed the spread sheets
Me: I need a bottle
Him: What do you need a bottle for?
Me: Colin needs a bottle
Him: (by this time he has walked around the bed and is standing two feet from me) I'm so confused right now why do you need a bottle?
Me: Colin is hungry and he needs a bottle can you please go fix one?
Him: I still don't know why you need a bottle, *mutters something I can't understand*
Me: Just go downstairs and fix a bottle for your baby son. (Holding Colin up so Chris can see him)
Him: walks downstairs and gets bottle.
So this morning I asked him if he found his paperwork okay. I'm not sure what he did down here the first time, but now I remember why I just let the baby cry while I get the bottle.

Yep that is my amazing wonderful husband! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment