Friday, August 21, 2009

ER Visit


Alyssa started not feeling well Wednesday. We thought it might be teeth. She got worse Thursday, still wondered if it could be teeth. Today she refused to eat and threw up twice at day-care. I picked her up, tried to take her to two urgent cares both wouldn't see her because she was too young.
So after a phone call to an after hour nurse off to the ER we went. We signed in at 7pm. By 7:30 we had seen the doctor and were just waiting for the discharge papers. We walked out of the hospital at 8:10. Not too bad I have waited at the doctors office longer.
The doctor said it was just a virus and that she would get over it. I'm sure he went back to the nurses station and told them about the crazy new parents who brought their daughter to the hospital for crying and throwing up once.
I don't regret going because I know if we didn't go I would have worried all weekend. Now I know that the only thing we can do is give her love and I don't have to worry that she might be suffering unnecessarily.
She is asleep right now so I'm now off to bed myself so that I can get up with her all the times she gets up tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment