Thursday, August 13, 2009

First Day of School

Today was the first day of school. I have a list of 21 first graders. 16 showed up today. I have two that I'm going to have to keep my eye on. But I didn't have anyone cry, I didn't have to send any to the nurse and none that peed their pants. So I would say all in all it was a good day.
I forgot how tiny they are when they enter first grade. I was telling them how to sit in their chair and I had one raise her hand and say "But my feet don't touch the ground." now mind you these are not "normal" chairs these are little kid chairs. It is also amazing to see all my kids from last year, they all look so big.
It was nice to be in the same school for a second year and have a class from last year that comes by to see me.
I am tired tonight but not too bad. What is even better is that tomorrow is Friday and so that means that only one more day until the weekend.
Hopefully I have enough rules and games to last the day tomorrow, otherwise I will have to think on my feet! Okay off to see how many can write their numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment