Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July

It is a day to celebrate the birthday of America. It is a day to celebrate our freedom with family and friends eating hot dogs and hamburgers and wearing red white and blue.
For church this morning I made sure Alyssa was wearing her blue and a cute skirt. Me I get to church and realize I might be one of just a small few that has on no red, white or blue. It is amazing that as a mom I can make sure my daughter has it but don't even think of myself.
We came home from church and got to spend an hour with my mom before she took off to head back to Arizona. Then it was nap time for me while Chris and Alyssa played. There are so many times where I lay up in bed with a huge smile on my face as I listen to the two of them play. It is such an amazing sound to hear.
I came downstairs and Alyssa helped me make brownies for tonight. Her favorite part was licking the bowl clean. She had chocolate from head to toe and the biggest smile on her face. I took pictures but my camera battery died so no uploading them until tomorrow.
Now Alyssa is down for a late afternoon nap, I have worked on cleaning out the bedrooms upstairs to start the nursery and Chris is working on the stairs for the deck. When Alyssa wakes up we will pack the car up and head out to a good family friends house.
There we will eat and laugh till our bellies hurt and then enjoy fireworks from all over the St. Louis area from one location. I hope Alyssa will be able to stay awake to see the fireworks, though I'm not sure she will care.
Happy 4th everyone and stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment