Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sleeping baby


We took the pacifier away about 13 days ago. Before that we would do a breathing treatment then she would give the parent not going upstairs a hug and go upstairs straight into her crib get her pacifier and blanket and go to sleep. Now everything is the same but I'm the one that takes her upstairs every night and I rock her for a few minutes before she goes to sleep.
I love sitting in the chair with her head resting on my chest. I love the way I can feel her body start to relax and her breathing get steady. I love the way if I stop rocking before she is ready for me to stop that she will move her body so that the chair continues to rock. We don't sing songs or read book ( that is done other times) we just sit there soaking in the love.
I have started to look forward to bed time at night. I know at some point she won't want to cuddle anymore but my baby is already growing up so fast I have to cherish the little things and this is what I'm cherishing right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment