Sunday, June 12, 2011

Church

A year ago March(2010) we started going to the Methodist Church right behind our house. In July(2010) we became members of that church and this past March(2011) we had Colin baptized there.
Since we started going we have sat in the same seats. Second row from the back, middle section, middle of the row. We sit next to some older ladies. These older ladies have adored Alyssa the whole time. One of them is always bringing gifts for Alyssa and gave me hand made blankets for both of the kids right before Colin was born. They always are quick to greet the kids.
There are also some people that have taken an interest in Chris and I but usually it is still just the small talk with them. If we put a prayer request in then they are always there to follow up and ask about it.
From the first Sunday we went it felt like home to me. The songs are a mix of contemporary and traditional the minister speaks from his heart and with passion that keeps your attention and they have a great group that run the nursery.
As we were getting ready for church today both of the kids were cranky, Colin needed a nap and I'm sure Alyssa did too. She screamed the whole way to church but once we walked in her whole demeanor changed. She was happy and enjoyed saying "Good morning" to everyone and singing songs. She then did children's time and went to the nursery without a single thought. Colin was asleep by the second song and slept until the last song.
As I looked at both of them I realized they are just as comfortable at that church as I am. That makes my heart so happy to know that they will be introduced to God at a young age and will know that mom and dad believe.
I am so grateful that I have once again returned "home" to church.

No comments:

Post a Comment