Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Obstacles

When I decided to stay home and open my own daycare I knew that I wanted to make it as legal as possible.  So I took the proper steps to get my state license and all the proper steps to make my home safe. From the beginning how I needed to go about getting all the paperwork kept changing. It depended on who you talked to and what time of day it was. 
   This is still the case. Today I got my stuff from the food program telling me that I was over my numbers. I went back re-read the rule book and then called the food program to explain that no I was not over I was just fine. They inform me that is not what state has said.  So I have to call my state guy. He is known for not calling me back.  So I will call him again next week and try to get this all straightened out.
   I could have done this under the table and not by the book, and really all a license does is give me a piece of paper saying the state knows about me, but I didn't and now all the hassle is getting frustrating. It is a good thing I love my daycare kids and am happy with what I am doing otherwise I might be tempted to just throw in the towel.
In other news I just sat down and worked on my up to date budget and I am very happy the way my business is going and hope to see the numbers continue to go the way I want them to.

No comments:

Post a Comment