Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Cough


While in California I started not feeling good. I kept brushing it off, telling myself that I was just tired and that I was fine.
I woke up Monday morning with needles in my throat and a horrible rash all over my body. I called my assistant Jenni and asked her to bring a friend and come work for the day. I knew I had to go to the doctor and get better.
The doctor told me it was just a cold and my body was run down and gave me some steriods for my rash. I came home and took a nap and started to feel better.
Today Colin is feeling horrible. Chris took him to the doctor who also said that it was just a cold and to keep doing what we are doing.
I feel so bad for Colin because I know he can't breath and he is miserable. He hasn't eaten much today and has cried most of the day. I am so at a loss as to what I can do to make him better. We go see the research team for RSV on Friday. I am praying that they might have another option for me to try with Colin. I want so badly for him to feel better. We are now past the two month mark of when he got sick.
When Alyssa was sick it was with ear infections and so we would give medicine and at least for a few days she would feel better. With Colin there has been no relief. Every now and then we get a day here or there where he doesn't cough very much but by the next day he is coughing badly again.
I hope by the three month mark he feels better and can breath again.

No comments:

Post a Comment