Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Traveling By Yourself


When flying by yourself there are things you take to keep you entertained and ways you pack to make it the easiest to go through the security check points. When traveling with a baby there is another way you pack to stay entertained and make it easiest for security checkpoints.
I was flying with Colin on two different airplanes each way. So I left at 3:30 and my plane left at 6:10. Here is a play by play of the day.
4:30 got to the long term parking lot. Got all my bags out of the car. Put the carseat on the stroller. Put my front pack on and then put Colin in it. Put the diaper bag on my shoulder, pushed the stroller with one hand and pulled the suitcase with another.
4:45 still waiting for a bus so walk to another bus stop and get picked up. I hand the guy my suitcase, go back get the stroller and carseat put that on the bus then climb on myself putting my diaper bag next to me on the seat.
5:25 make it to the airport. Unload the bus, walk to check in. Have to wait in the long line to get my infant boarding pass. Pull out my ID and Colin's birth certificate. Get rid of suitcase.
5:35 Now I'm at security check point. I grab 3 bins. In the first bin I put my shoes, my boarding pass, my cell phone. In the second bin I put the diaper bag, pulling out the bottles and formula and baby meds. I then take the carseat off the stroller and fold the stroller up. I put those on the counter. I then take Colin out of the front pack, put that in the last bin and push them all to the x-ray machine. I go through. Ask a nice man to hold Colin while I put the front pack back on, and a security guard opens my stroller. I step out of the way put the carseat back on the stroller and off we go.
5:35 get me some dinner, feed Colin
6:10 Board the plane with carseat, dropping stroller at the bottom of the gate. Put Colin in carseat get out bottle and wait for take off.

It is a lot easier flying without a child but I have to say Colin did fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment