Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day Care


It has now been a year since I have held a job outside the home. This time last year I had NO idea what was going to happen. I knew I didn't want to go back to teaching but wasn't sure if Headstart would hire me back. I knew that I was going to enjoy my summer with Alyssa and enjoy my second trimester of pregnancy.
Here I sit a year later with 15 kids on my daycare roster and some days during the week having 12 kids. I love it. I am so grateful to stay home with my kids all day and see their interactions with other kids. I love watching the other kids and though I'm putting in over 50 hours a week I do it in my own home. I'm home for dinner and I can be a wife as well.
So far I do not regret my decision at all to stay home and leave my teaching career on hold. Someone asked me the other day if I would go back to teaching after all my kids are in school. The honest answer is I don't know. While I do enjoy parts of teaching there were also a lot of parts I hated. So I don't know what the future holds.
Right now I know that I have had my best year in 5 years. I didn't not cry over a stupid boss or have to come home complaining about kids abusing or cussing at me. I have the best assistant that I could possibly imagine. She has become more than just an employee but a good friend.
I'm excited to see as I get ready to start my second year of my business to see where it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment