Thursday, January 6, 2011

Best Laid Plans


I had planned to potty train Alyssa over the summer. I tried unsuccessfully for a week. I got 2 poops on the potty and not a single pee. After a week of cleaning up the carpet I gave up.

She then started to take her clothes off and say she had to go potty end of October first of November. I did not push it because I was 8 months pregnant and the thought of trying to run to the bathroom all the time was not something I could do. After a week or two she gave up and stopped trying to tell me she had to go potty.

I had decided that around her birthday in February I would try again. This gave her time to adjust to her new brother and me to get the daycare in order with the new kids I had added.

Well last night I asked her if she had to go potty before we got in the bathtub. Not because I wanted her to go I just wanted to distract her from the fit she was throwing. She said yes and I put her on. She sat there and nothing happened so I went to take her off, she freaked out. So I put her back on. She peed! I praised her and so did her dad and she was so proud.

Today I went to get her up from her nap and she was totally naked and told me "potty, potty" so I took her to the toilet and she went potty(there was no accident in her bed). She then went another 3 times this afternoon.

So I guess we are going to start working on potty training and maybe she will be potty trained by her 2nd birthday.

Best laid plans rarely work out and I guess this is a case where it might work in my favor. Maybe we won't have two in diapers for too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment