Sunday, January 23, 2011

Regrets


We all have regrets and things we wish we could take back. Some of those things are small words we say or things we think. Others are big, actions we do.
Last night was one of the biggest regrets I have had in a long time. I went out with a good friend and we went to a movie and then out for drinks (that isn't the part I regret).
Now remember that I really haven't drank in 10 months. After the drinks (I had two Martini's) I drove home. As I was driving home I realized that it was definitely harder to drive than normal. Then I got to thinking more and realized I had drank two Martini's in about an hour and now less than a half hour after I finished the last one I was driving home. I now was getting sick to my stomach, not because of the drinks but because I realized I was probably over the legal limit to drive. I drove the rest of the way home, got in the garage and started to cry.
I thanked God for getting me home safely. I was also so mad at myself. I know how upset I get when Chris drives after a few beers and here I was driving with more than that. I am so grateful that I got home safe and I will never ever do that again. I have too much at stake. I have two small children and a wonderful husband that I don't want to leave because I'm in jail or dead.
So if your reading this take this as a warning. Think before you get in the car after even just two drinks.

1 comment:

  1. Lesson learned with no collateral damage but never forget this feeling or this night. You are so loved and the thing that would make us sadder than sad would be to lose the person you are because you had a momentary lapse in judgment. But this lesson can apply to any one of us and I am sure you would feel the same way if any one of us also had a poor lapse in judgment. Thanks for reminding us through this post.

    ReplyDelete