Saturday, January 8, 2011

God works in Mysterious ways

I have always believed things happen for a reason and God works in ways I don't understand all the time. Sometimes it is hard to hear that, and really you just want to feel sorry for yourself and mope.
A few things have happened this last week and I'm waiting for God to show me how they are all going to work out.
First a story not about me. One of my daycare parents we will call her M. She has one daughter that goes to my daycare. M is a single mom and after some hardships I put a prayer request in for her at church. A guy from the church gave her a check for a big amount of money. She was very grateful and at first she wasn't sure if she should accept it, but she did. A week later she comes in to my daycare (Friday) and tells me she has been fired from her job. She is even more grateful for the money because it will help her out until she can find another job which she is sure she will have soon.
*I tell this story because I feel that God knew what was to come and made sure that M was taken care of and would not have to worry while she looked for another job*

This leads me to my story. Before I started my daycare but was feeling things out I was told I would have 3 kids for sure. Well I decided to open my business and right away all 3 of those kids backed out. I was now left with no kids and no job.
I am grateful those kids did not start because since I started I have now been able to get 7 other kids with one more starting soon. I have gotten so many kids that I have to have an assistant 4 days a week. Well until my last kid starts in March money is still a little tight but my assistant was working for $5 an hour and with taking taxes out making next to nothing. So Thursday night I told her I was giving her a raise and that she was now making $6.50 an hour. Friday roles around and now M is pulling her child until she can find another job and so money now becomes even tighter.
God has blessed me with this growing business and lead me to where I am now. So now I pray that money issues will work themselves out quickly and that he will show me the way once again.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 months ago today I had no idea if I was going to have a job come August. I sit here today so happy with a job that keeps me home with my kids, lets me help other kids and I enjoy it.

a year ago today I went into work each day with the weight of the world on my shoulders worried about what I was going to get blamed for that day and what kid was going to push, punch or cuss me out. Today I sit here with parents paying me the highest compliments for watching their kids and telling me that they will be with me for as long as their child needs care. I have 7 parents that love what I do with their kids! I have found what I need to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment